Lume is available for download. Buy it now here!

Monday 7 November 2011

Behind the scenes - Camera perfection


It feels strange to think back to a cold December 2010 and the day filming we had, to create the look of Lume, but I will try. First off here is a great picture I took of Luke with the finished 'Lume' set, just as we finished. As you can see by the shabby beard and the tired but happy eyes, It had been many hours work and long nights.




Day Filming commences...
We had abit of luck with a close friend of State of Play is the a fantastic lightening and cameraman Tom Hooker. He is currently filming wildlife for the BBC, so we were sure we would be in safe hands. 



Firstly, we set about lighting the set beautifully. We knew that the house would look perfect filmed with the addition of some great lighting tricks which Tom had up his sleeve. The shot list was then drawn up, and we set about getting each shot as perfect as we could. The end results were fantastic and after a long day, we couldn't be happier. Take a look at our behind the scenes photographs and the finished result with a look at the trailer. 











Kath 

6 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed chapter 1. It was difficult and could have done with one or two hints but it was a beautiful, relaxing game. The lighting, set, transitions and animations are lovely. I can imagine how painstaking it was to make the house - I used to make such things as a child out of cardboard etc.

    I can't wait for chapter 2. I hope it won't be too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha luke, in that first picture you look slightly deranged!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh thanks suzuki, we did spend a lot of time on that model! It brought back memories of model making as a kid too - I think that's what partly inspired the project, remembering how much fun it was. As for the hints, yes! We'll be making sure things are clearer (if the player wants them to be) in the next instalment! Which, by the way, work has already started on, and we'll be posting updates soon.

    Luke

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a bit deranged by the late nights I think. You can tell by the beard how many it had been. Personally I think I look more deranged in the fifth one down, although I'm actually just excited about camera angles (isn't everyone?)

    Luke

    ReplyDelete
  5. So my friend told me about Lume and that it was a fun and artsy game that boarders more on the artsy but still compelling. So I planned to get it, then the sale went up and I snatched it. Then I started playing and another buddy was compelled to get and play it because I was struggling with the combination lock. He solved it, but not before getting aggravated and walking away from it as I sat there and wondered.

    I think you should put the website ON the game title screen, not many people actually click the credits.

    I really hope you keep us updated on part 2 and I kinda hope the town is so big that it is Chapter 2 and 3 ^_^

    Thanks, and goodluck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for getting hold of it in the sale! That combination lock has foxed quite a few people so don't worry it's not just you guys. Funnily enough, Gamasutra posted a walkthrough a while ago where someone had solved it, but with a completely different method to the one we'd planned, which was amazing (by counting pictures on the wall, but I wouldn't recommend that way, it hurts my head even more). Thanks for sticking with it and glad it was worth it!

    We'll definitely keep you updated on Part 2, there will be sketches and photos posted here as we make them. Thanks for the support!

    Luke

    ReplyDelete